Marin County Mental Health Board
The Mental Health Board (MHB) is a state-mandated group that makes recommendations to the Board of Supervisors and to the Mental Health Director about the local mental health services. The MHB meets the second Tuesday evening each month at 6:00 p.m. More information can be found at https://www.marinhhs.org/boards/marin-county-mental-health-board.
We are looking for new Board Members!
How to Apply:
Applications may be obtained from the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors, Room 329, Administration Building, Marin Civic Center (415-473-7331) or access the application online
Not less than 50% of the board shall be consumers and families of consumers, who are receiving or have received mental health services. The remaining members of the Board shall represent the public interest.
- A “consumer” is an individual who has received mental health services.
- A “family member” is an individual that is the parent, spouse, domestic partner, significant other, sibling, or adult child of a consumer.
- A “public interest” is an individual interested in or knowledgeable about mental health and mental health issues.
We are looking for:
- People with diverse racial / ethnic backgrounds
- People with lived experience
- Transition Age Youth (ages 18 – 25 years)
- Representation from all across Marin County
Behavioral Health and Recovery Services
The County of Marin
Purpose / Duties:
To represent and advocate for the mental health needs of the people of Marin by being fully informed on all related issues in order to promote a creative, comprehensive and dynamic mental health system of care. To inform and advise the Mental Health Director and Board of Supervisors on behalf of clients, families, and the community-at-large. To facilitate communication between the community, mental health service providers and Board of Supervisors to ensure that the system is responsive to our community needs. To promote education, prevention and early intervention to meet the needs of the mentally ill.
3 years per term; may apply for a maximum of 3 consecutive appointments.
Number of Members:
Reimbursements for Expenses / Per Diem:
Reimbursement is authorized for travel expense only.
Time and Day of Meetings:
Second Tuesday of every month from 6:00pm-8:00pm