The Marin County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services (BHRS) Access Team is the system-wide point of contact for information, screening, assessment, and referrals for mental health and substance use services and treatment for Marin County residents. The Access Line is staffed 24 hours, 7 days a week and can be reached by calling: (888) 818-1115.
If you or your loved on are experiencing a mental health or substance use crisis, please call the 24/7 Crisis Line at (415) 473-6666 or call 911.
Access serves all ages. In order to qualify for Specialty Mental Health Services, an individual must meet certain medical necessity criteria as defined by Medi-Cal.
Referrals for services made by Access are based on clinical and personal needs and provider availability. We strive to match clients to providers based on various factors including client preference, geographic location, language and / or cultural needs, and the provider's specialties. BHRS partners with providers across the County and Bay Area to better the needs of our entire community.
Services Provided by ACCESS
- General information about services and service alternatives
- Telephone screening to determine if consumer meets medical necessity criteria for Specialty Mental Health Services
- Substance Use Disorder Screening and Referrals
- Crisis screening and referrals
- Verification of eligibility
- Determination of appropriate level of care and provider selection